Basic Mechatronics Technician - BM51 Technical Certificate of Credit
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|MCTX 1011Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level I
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1.5 Lab 2 - 0.5 Lab 3 - 3.5 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None This course will provide students with an understanding of the basic fundamentals of a Mechatronic operation. Including electronic, pneumatic, and control devices. Students will learn the operation and purpose of components in these automated systems.
|MCTX 1012Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level II
Weekly Contact: Lecture - 1.5 Lab 2 - 0.5 Lab 3 - 4 Pre-Requisites: None Co-Requisite: None This course will provide students with an understanding of PLC installation and setup. Students will gain knowledge of components and data storage methods used in automated mechatronic equipment.
|MCTX 1013Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals Level III
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-Requisites: None Co-Requisite: None This course builds on the Level 1 and 2 providing students with a higher level understanding of electronic circuitry and PLCs as it relates to mechatronic and automated equipment.
|MCTX 1014Basic Mechatronics Fundamentals IV
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 0.5 Lab 3 - 2.5 Pre-Requisites: None Co-Requisite: None This course builds from Level 3 and continues to provide students with a broader knowledge of electronics and the use of semiconductors and power supplies. Also providing a further study into the programming of a PLC and connections to field devices.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.