Welcome to the WGTC Center for Veteran Affairs!
Welcome to Wiregrass Georgia Technical College! We are a two-year technical college that offers many technical program degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit to meet trending economic needs. We support our military and veteran students by ensuring you meet your educational goals while maximizing your veteran education benefits. Our goal is to make your transition from wearing your military uniform to entering the civilian population as seamless as possible.
Veterans Support Services Center
The Veterans Support Services Center is located on the Valdosta Campus with satellite offices located on Ben-Hill, Coffee, and Moody Campus.
Veteran Support Center provides the following services:
- Maximize all eligible veteran educational benefits
- Minimize the anxiety of transitioning from military life to civilian life
- Educational Certification
- Advocacy -- Student/Instructor involvement/early intervention to ensure veteran student progresses in class
- Veteran Issues -- Quarterly workshops that identify veteran issues
- College Services:
- Advising -- establishes student goals, academic plan selection
- Special Populations -- provides support and accommodating services for veteran students with disabilities and PTSD/TBI
- Financial Aid
- Career Services -- Assists with resume writing, interviewing skills, and job placement
Military + Veteran Important Resources:
- How do I get started?
- General Education Mobile (GEM) – GEM is an exciting partnership between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the Community College of the Air Force
- Student Veteran Organization (SVA) – SVA is a coalition of student veterans groups on college campuses across the globe
- Admission Information for Military Students – Military personnel and their dependents who are stationed in the State of Georgia must complete specific admission requirements.
- Training and Transferring Credits – Learn how you can earn credits for your achievements
- How Can I Keep My Benefits After Applying – Requirements on how to maintain your benefits.
- Enrollment Certification Form