Industrial Systems Fundamentals (IS61) Technical Certificate of Credit
The Industrial Systems Fundamentals Technical Certificate of Credit is an introductory program preparing students for employment in a variety of positions in industrial systems production equipment maintenance. Basic skills provide for opportunities to upgrade or for entry level employment.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|IDFC 1007Industrial Safety Procedures
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None Provides an in-depth study of the health and safety practices required for maintenance of industrial, commercial, and home electrically operated equipment. Topics include: introduction to OSHA regulations; safety tools, equipment, and procedures; and first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
|IDSY 1101DC Circuit Analysis
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces direct current (DC) concepts and applications. Topics include: electrical principles and laws; batteries; DC test equipment; Series, parallel, and simple combination circuits; and laboratory procedures and safety practices.
|IDSY 1105AC Circuit Analysis
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces alternating current concepts, theory, and application of varying sine wave voltages and current, and the physical characteristics and applications of solid state devices. Topics include, but are not limited to, electrical laws and principles, magnetism, inductance and capacitance.
|MATH 1012Foundations of Mathematics
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Diploma Level Math Scores or MATH 0090 w/ a “C” or better Co-requisite(s): None Emphasizes the application of basic mathematical skills used in the solution of occupational and technical problems. Topics include fractions, decimals, percents, ratios and proportions, measurement and conversion, geometric concepts, technical applications, and basic statistics.
|XXXX xxxx Occupational Electives (3 Hours)||3|
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.