Programmable Control Technician (PC81) Technical Certificate of Credit
The Programmable Controller Technician I certificate program offers specialized training in programmable controllers. Topics include motor control fundamentals, and instruction in basic and advanced PLCs.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Experienced Worker Certification Form
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|IDSY 1110Industrial Motor Controls I
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 2 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces the fundamental concepts, principles, and devices involved in industrial motor controls,theories and applications of single and three-phase motors, wiring motor control circuits, and magnetic starters and braking. Topics include, but are not limited to, motor theory and operating principles, control devices, symbols and schematic diagrams, NEMA standards, Article 430 NEC and preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
|IDSY 1120Basic Industrial PLC's
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces the operational theory, systems terminology, PLC installation, and programming procedures for Programmable Logic Controllers. Emphasis is placed on PLC programming, connections, installation, and start-up procedures. Other topics include timers and counters, relay logic instructions, and hardware and software applications.
|IDSY 1220Intermediate Industrial PLC's
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 1 Lab 2 - 4 Lab 3 - 3 Pre-requisite(s): None Co-requisite(s): None This course provides for hands on development of operational skills in the maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial control systems and automated equipment. Topics include data manipulation, math instructions, introduction to HMI, analog control, and troubleshooting discrete IO devices.
Electrical/Industrial Systems Technology Program Coordinator
Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.