Change of Programs
Students wishing to change their program must do so by requesting a Change of Program
for with an advisor in the Advising and Retention Center (ARC). The ARC Advisor will submit the request to the appropriate departments for approval and notify the student if approved.
Students wishing to change from a diploma level program to a degree level program may need to meet with financial aid to discuss any financial aid concerns that may result from the change. Students wishing to change from a diploma level program to a degree level program will also be required to meet the placement requirements for degree level programs. Students entering a degree program may need to complete a HOPE Scholarship Evaluation form.
Students will be allowed to enroll in DUAL MAJORS if the following requirements are met:
- The student is enrolled in the last semester of their current program
- Both programs are equivalent regarding financial aid eligibility
- The student is in good academic standing
- The student is regular admit in both programs
- The student will be responsible for completing a “Dual Major” request with an ARC advisor and the request will be processed by a Financial Aid representative, a VA and WIOA representative (if applicable), and a designated Admissions officer, before being approved. The ARC will notify the student when the process has been completed.
Note: Aside from a few exceptions, dual programs can only be attempted at the same award level (degree, diploma, or technical certificate).
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.