Early Childhood Program Administration - ECP1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Early Childhood Care and Education Program Administration TCC program is a sequence of three courses designed to prepare students for a job as manager of a Childcare Learning Center or a Group Day Care Center. The program emphasizes child growth and development and management and administration issues involved in managing a child care center. Graduates have qualifications to be employed in early care and education settings including child care centers, Head Start, and Georgia Pre-K programs.
** Some assignments may require students to attend face-to-face sessions.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- A satisfactory criminal background check must be completed prior to entering the Early Childhood Care and Education practicum. A felony conviction could prevent employment in the Early Childhood Care and Education field.
This program is a HOPE Career Grant eligible program for students who are HOPE Grant eligible. The Career Grant award is a fixed amount per semester based on the number of credit hours taken. Maximum award per term is $500.
|ECCE 1103 Child Growth and Development||3|
|ECCE 2320 Program Administration and Facility Management||3|
|ECCE 2322 Personnel Management||3|
Faculty & Staff
Early Childhood Education
- Advanced Child Development Specialist - AE71
- Child Development Specialist - CD61
- Early Childhood Care/Education - EC13
- Early Childhood Care/Education - ECC2
- Early Childhood Program Administration - ECP1
- GaTAPP Early Childhood Education Precertification - GEC1
- Infant/Toddler Care Specialist - IC31
- CDA Preparation - CE71
- Education - ED13
- Early Childhood Education
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.