Shampoo Technician - ST11 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Shampoo Technician Technical Certificate of Credit introduces courses that prepare students for careers in the field of Cosmetology as Shampoo Technicians. Learning opportunities develop academic and professional knowledge required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes specialized training for safety, sanitation, state laws, rules and regulations, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, structure of the hair, diseases and disorders of the hair and scalp, hair and scalp analysis, basic hair and scalp treatments, basic shampooing techniques, reception sales, management, employability skills, and work ethics. Graduates receive a Shampoo Technician Technical Certificate of Credit and are employable as a Cosmetology salesperson, salon manager, or salon owner.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|COSM 1000 Introduction to Cosmetology Theory||4|
|COSM 1020 Hair Care and Treatment||3|
|COSM 1120 Salon Management||3|
|Choose One of the Following (2 Hours)||2|
|EMPL 1000 Interpersonal Relations & Professional Development||2|
|COSM 1040 Styling||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.