Hair Designer - HD21 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Hair Designer Technical Certificate of Credit is a sequence of courses that prepares students for careers in the field of hair design. Learning opportunities develop academic and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes specialized training in safety, sanitation, state laws, rules, and regulations, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, hair and scalp diseases and disorders, hair treatments and manipulations, hair shaping, hair styling, artificial hair, braiding/intertwining hair, chemical reformation and application, hair coloring, hair lightening, reception, sales, management, and work ethics. The curriculum meets state licensing requirements of the State Board of Cosmetology.
Ben Hill Irwin
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
- The Day Hair Designer program begins each Fall and Spring semester on the Ben Hill-Irwin, Coffee, and Valdosta campuses.
- The Night Hair Designer program begins each Summer and Fall semester on the Valdosta campus.
Gainful Employment Information
|COSM 1000 Introduction to Cosmetology Theory||4|
|COSM 1010 Chemical Texture Services||3|
|COSM 1020 Hair Care and Treatment||3|
|COSM 1030 Haircutting||3|
|COSM 1040 Styling||3|
|COSM 1050 Hair Color||3|
|COSM 1080 Physical Hair Services Practicum||3|
|COSM 1090 Hair Services Practicum I||3|
|COSM 1100 Hair Services Practicum II||3|
|COSM 1110 Hair Services Practicum III||3|
|COSM 1115 Hair Services Practicum IV||2|
|COSM 1120 Salon Management||3|
Faculty & Staff
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.