Metals Technician - ME31 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Metals Technician TCC is a series of courses that prepare a student for general knowledge of maintenance and repair of machinery by combining machine shop courses with welding courses. A student will learn to operate lathes (lathe safety, threading, tapers, bearing shafts, etc.) and milling machines (indicating vises, cutting key ways, squaring parts, etc.) as well as basic welding theory, safety and operating procedures (hand tool and power machine use, measurement, welding power sources, welding codes and standards) and advanced techniques (set up; transfer modes; wire selection; shielded gas selection) required for successful gas metal arc welding.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores, Georgia Milestones Literature/Composition or Georgia Milestones American Literature/Composition (for meeting English requirement only) or GED score of 145 or higher, or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a High School overall GPA of 2.0, a HOPE Scholarship GPA of 2.6 or higher after the completion of 10th grade, or have 2 years documented work experience in the subject area. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|MCHT 1011 Introduction to Machine Tool||4|
|MCHT 1119 Lathe Operations I||4|
|MCHT 1120 Mill Operations I||4|
|WELD 1000 Introduction to Welding Technology||4|
|WELD 1090 Gas Metal Arc Welding||4|
Faculty & Staff
- Technical & Industrial
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.