Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts - FSO1 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts technical certificate of credit provides students the basic skills needed to obtain entry level positions in the culinary arts field. Topics included in this programs include introduction to the culinary arts profession, understanding of menus, recipe production, a basic understanding of food nutrition and food science, fundamental knowledge of food and kitchen safety, the tools and ingredients used in the professional kitchen, equipment operation. Meat, poultry, fish, shellfish, fruit, vegetables, dairy, eggs and dry good identification. Production of stocks, sauces, soups. Fabrication of meat, poultry, fish and shellfish. Techniques on grilling, broiling, roasting, sauteing, pan frying, deep frying, steaming, braising and stewing. Various cooking methods for vegetables, potatoes, grains, beans, and pasta. Execution of various breakfast techniques and cooking with the following ingredients: styles of eggs, pancakes, waffles, grits, toast, breakfast meats. Demonstrate knowledge of salads, salad dressings, sandwiches, appetizers and cold foods. Students will learn baking fundamentals including breads, pastries, fillings and dessert sauces.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|CUUL 1001 Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts||4|
|CUUL 1002 Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts I||4|
|CUUL 1003 Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts II||4|
|CUUL 1004 Fundamental Skills of Culinary Arts III||4|
Faculty & Staff
- Professional Services
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.