Pharmacy Technology - PT23 Degree
Program Description: The Pharmacy Technology degree is designed to provide an individual with the entry level skills required for success in a retail pharmacy or a hospital-based pharmacy department. Learning opportunities develop academic and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and replacement. Graduates are prepared to function as pharmacy technicians in positions requiring preparations of medications according to prescription under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
Additional Program Requirements:
- American Heart Association Provider CPR Certification, physical examination, up-to-date immunizations, criminal background check and drug screen required prior to start of clinical rotation.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and remain in good academic standing to be eligible for the program.
- Student must complete MATH 1111 before registering for occupational courses.
- Students may complete the following courses prior to the occupational portion of the program: ENGL 1101, PSYC 1101, BIOL 2113 Lecture and Lab, BIOL 2114 Lecture and Lab, ALHS 1040, ALHS 1090, COLL 1010 or COMP 2000.
Florida Board of Pharmacy
- This program begins every other semester on the Valdosta campus.
|General Core Courses||15|
|Area I - Language Arts/Communication||3|
|ENGL 1101 Composition and Rhetoric||3|
|Area II - Social/Behavior Science - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|Area III - Natural Sciences/Mathematics - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|MATH 1100 Quantitative Skills and Reasoning||3|
|MATH 1101 Mathematic Modeling||3|
|MATH 1111 College Algebra||3|
|Area IV - Humanities/Fine Arts - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|General Education Core Elective - Complete 3 Hours||3|
|BIOL 2113 Anatomy and Physiology I||3|
|BIOL 2113L Anatomy and Physiology I Lab||1|
|BIOL 2114 Anatomy and Physiology II||3|
|BIOL 2114L Anatomy and Physiology II Lab||1|
|ALHS 1090 Medical Terminology for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|PHAR 1000 Pharmaceutical Calculations||4|
|PHAR 1010 Pharmacy Technology Fundamentals||5|
|PHAR 1020 Principles of Dispensing Medications||4|
|PHAR 1030 Principles of Sterile Medication Preparation||4|
|PHAR 1040 Pharmacology||4|
|PHAR 1050 Pharmacy Technology Practicum||5|
|PHAR 2060 Advanced Pharmacy Technology Principles||3|
|PHAR 2070 Advanced Pharmacy Technology Practicum||5|
|ALHS 1040 Introduction to Health Care||3|
|Choose One of the Following (3 Hours)||3|
|COLL 1010 College and Career Success Skills||3|
|COMP 2000 Intro. to Technology and Computer Application||3|
Faculty & Staff
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.