Aircraft Composites Technician (Effective Fall 2024) (AT71) Technical Certificate of Credit
Purpose: The Aircraft Composites Technician certificate program will provide technical training to existing industry and individuals interested in obtaining aircraft structural assembly skills.
Curriculum: This curriculum contains three courses in structural fundamentals, composites and bonded structures, and blueprint reading.
Careers: Aircraft Composites Technician
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript or college transcripts showing successful completion of 60+ semester credits or 72+ quarter credits
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable ACCUPLACER, ACT, ASSET, COMPASS, PSAT, or SAT scores or GED score of 145 or higher or have one of the following: an associate degree or higher or have a HOPE GPA of 2.6 after the completion of 10th grade. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores.
|ASTT 1011Basic Blueprint Reading
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 0 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None This course introduces basic blueprint reading. Emphasis will be placed on reading and interpreting blueprints found in a manufacturing environment. Topics include: lines and symbols, orthographic drawings, views, material, form and position, title blocks, sketching, features, and sections.
|ASTT 1030Structural Fundamentals
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 3 Lab 2 - 6 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None Introduces the fundamental concepts required in aerospace structural manufacturing and repair. Emphasis is placed on safety, quality, and precision. Topics include: safety, flat pattern layout, quality standards, fasteners, hand tools, and precision measuring instruments.
|ASTT 1091Composites and Bonded Structures
Weekly Contact Hours: Lecture - 5 Lab 2 - 2 Lab 3 - 0 Pre-requisite(s): Program Admission Co-requisite(s): None Emphasizes the development of knowledge and skills necessary to fabricate and repair bonded and composite aircraft parts. Topics include: safety, terms, classification and characteristics, inspection techniques, and application.
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.