For graduation questions or concerns, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your program completion is near and it’s time to apply for graduation. The staff at Wiregrass is proud of your accomplishments and welcome this opportunity to assist you in achieving your educational and career goals. Applying for graduation is the first step.
Students must apply for graduation to be awarded and for graduation status to be indicated on academic transcript. Commencement Ceremony participation is optional. If you would like to participate in Commencement exercises, please see the Commencement Ceremony Deadlines below.
To apply for graduation, click to download the Graduation Application Packet below. Individual forms and documents may be found under “Graduation Documents” at the bottom of this page.
AWARD PICKUP: Spring 2019 degrees, diplomas and technical certiﬁcates for eligible graduates are expected to be available at the Registrar’s Oﬃce on your local campus June 19, 2019 at noon. Awards for late applicants may not be immediately available. Please check your student email for conﬁrmation that your credential is ready for pick up and to conﬁrm location. Contact email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Requirements to Graduate
In order to be eligible for a degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete the FREE Application for Graduation Form. Submit form to the Office of the Registrar when you are advised for you final semester of classes. Students will only receive their degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit if they fill out the Free Graduation Application and turn in to the Office of the Registrar as outlined above.
- Complete all occupational courses with a “C” or better within the last 120 months.
- Meet the required credit hours required by the department and catalog curriculum in effect the semester you were admitted into program.
Students who have a break in enrollment will be entered under a new catalog term. Course substitutions or waivers must be approved by the Program Coordinator or Academic Dean of the course area.
- Have a cumulative Graduation Grade Point Average (GGPA) of 2.0 in your program.
Please Note: Graduation GPA is calculated using final grades. Your honor status for commencement will reflect all of your final grades at the time of commencement and may not reflect expected semester final grades, grade changes or IPs. Transient grades and transfer credit do not affect your grade point average but may be required to graduate. Students who have a Graduation GPA (average of all courses specifically applied toward your graduation for the major) or at least 3.5 will graduate with honors.
- Have an academic standing that is not Academic Dismissal.
- Complete at least 25% of program credit hours at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.
- Satisfy all financial obligations to the College and reconcile any holds.
- Complete the Follow-Up Survey & Evaluation Questionnaire.
The survey may be found on page 4 of the Application for Graduation Form, or under “Graduation Documents” at the bottom of this page.
Commencement Ceremony Deadlines
Students choosing to participate in the Commencement Ceremony must complete the Commencement Participation Form in the Wiregrass Georgia Technical college Bookstore and pay the participation fee. Deadlines for Commencement participation forms are as follows:
- Fall 2018 Semester: October 15, 2018
- Spring 2019 Semester: April 8, 2019
- Summer 2019 Semester: May 29, 2019
Applications received after the Commencement Ceremony Deadline date for your last semester may not be listed in the commencement program. Late applicants may also experience a delay in receiving their degree, diploma, or technical certificate of credit.
Application for Graduation Form
Placement Follow-Up Survey & Evaluation Questionnaire
Graduation Requirements and Information
Warranty Guarantee Policy and Claim Procedures
Diploma Replacement Form
Upcoming Commencement Ceremonies
Spring/Summer 2019 Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, July 11, 2019
John Hunt Auditorium
UGA Conference Center
15 RDC Road
Tifton, Georgia 31793
• All credit programs and GED graduates at 10 a.m.
Friday, December 13, 2019