Course Catalog

Attendance Addendum


Wiregrass Georgia Technical College expects that all students shall regularly attend all scheduled class meetings held for instruction and examination. It is recognized that class attendance is essentially a matter between students and their instructors. Instructors must explain their absence policy in the course syllabus if the course is an attendance-taking course. All students are held responsible for knowing the specific attendance requirements as prescribed by their instructors and for the satisfactory make-up work missed by absences. When students are to be absent from class, they should immediately contact the instructor.

Instructor Responsibilities

Students who do not follow proper procedures to withdraw from a course (or courses), and simply stop participating in class will receive the grade they have earned from their complete and incomplete work. For specific information on how to withdraw, please check the Student Handbook for more information, or visit the website at Wiregrass Student Withdrawal Procedures.

Drop/Withdrawal Procedures

As a student enrolling in college courses, you assume the financial and academic responsibility to properly withdraw from your courses if you decide not to complete them. You have the privilege of dropping a course during the first three instructional days of each semester through your myBanWeb account, without the drop becoming part of your permanent academic record and without it affecting your financial aid. However, any amount charged against Pell or HOPE in the bookstore will be owed back to the college. If you withdraw from a class from the fourth instructional day of the term through 60% of the term, you will receive a grade of W. If you withdraw after the published withdrawal date (60% of the term) a grade of F will be assigned. The specific deadline dates for withdrawal are published on the Wiregrass’ home website page, under Academic Calendar, as well as in your myBanWeb account.

You should be aware that withdrawals may result in a loss of financial aid and that failing to properly withdraw from a course will result in your receiving a failing grade (F) for that course.

Withdrawal from Individual Courses

If you wish to withdraw from a course, but plan to stay enrolled in other courses, submit a Withdrawal Form through your myBanWeb account, listing the courses you wish to withdraw from. If you are unsure whether withdrawing from the course is your only option, please speak with your instructor and/or the One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center staff prior to submitting your withdrawal form. Also, please check with the Financial Aid Office for clarification on how a partial withdrawal may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Complete Withdrawal from School

Wiregrass Georgia Tech realizes that sometimes students have no alternative but to leave school for legitimate reasons. Students wanting to totally withdraw should initiate the process by completing the form through their myBanWeb account.

Below are the steps you should follow for an official withdrawal:

  1. Speak with your One-Stop Enrollment and Success Center Advisor.

  2. Meet with the Financial Aid Office to see how the withdrawal will affect your current and future financial aid awards.

  3. If you still feel the need to withdraw from school completely, submit your Withdrawal Form.

Withdrawal Due to COVID-19 Issues

WGTC understands that beginning with Spring Semester 2020, students may continue to face challenges in relation to COVID-19 responses from the College, and in their personal lives. To assist students during this ongoing national and state public health crisis, students will be able to submit documentation attesting to withdrawals related to COVID-19 from Spring Semester 2020 until the federal government declares an end to the COVID-19 National Emergency. In those cases, a nonpunitive grade may be assigned to the student’s record for the course(s) withdrawn from due to the public health crisis.

Students who receive federal financial aid may qualify for a special provision related to the return of any required funds to the Department of Education. Contact the Financial Aid Office by e-mail at for additional instructions on completing a withdrawal attestation form.