Nurse Aide - CN21 Technical Certificate of Credit
Program Description: The Nurse Aide Technical Certificate of Credit prepares students with classroom training and practice as well as the clinical experiences necessary to care for patients in various settings including general medical and surgical hospitals, nursing care facilities, community care facilities for the elderly, and home health care services. Students who successfully complete the Nurse Aide Technical Certificate of Credit may be eligible to sit for the National Nurse Aide Assessment program (NNAAP) which determines competency to become enrolled in the State nurse aide registry.
- Submit a completed application and application fee
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Submit official high school transcript or High School Equivalency transcript
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
- Present acceptable SAT or ACT scores taken within the last 60 months, or acceptable ACCUPLACER, COMPASS or ASSET scores taken within the last 60 months. Documentation on a college transcript of successful completion of appropriate courses from a regionally accredited college or university may be accepted in lieu of test scores
Additional Program Requirements:
- American Heart Association Provider CPR Certification, physical examination, up-to-date immunizations, criminal background check and drug screen required prior to start of clinical rotation.
|ALHS 1040 Introduction to Health Care||3|
|ALHS 1060 Diet and Nutrition for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|ALHS 1090 Medical Terminology for Allied Health Sciences||2|
|NAST 1100 Nurse Aide Fundamentals||6|
- Allied Health
Up one level
Programs of Study
Notice and Responsibilities Regarding this Catalog
The information in this College Catalog and Student Handbook accurately reflects current policies and procedures at the time of publication. Students are admitted to the College under and are subject to the provisions of the WGTC Catalog and Student Handbooks for the term they initially enroll. Students in all programs are admitted under and are subject to the provisions of the College Catalog and Student Handbook and applicable addendums for the term they are admitted to the program at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College. If for any reason, a break in enrollment occurs, students must reapply and satisfy the College Catalog and Student Handbook requirements for the term of their re-entry to any program. The provisions of this catalog are not to be regarded as an irrevocable contract between Wiregrass Georgia Technical College and the student. The College reserves the right to change any provision or requirement at any time.