GaTAPP Early Childhood/Elementary Education ADD-ON Program
For teachers certified in other area(s) but wanting to add ECE certification, only taking the GACE Content for Early Childhood is no longer an option. Our GaTAPP ECE Technical Certificate of Credit, along with our GaTAPP ECE Add-On Program, fulfills all requirements determined by PSC.
Want to add Early Childhood Education (ECE) to your teaching certificate?
- Must be currently certified teacher in Georgia
- Must have an ECE teaching job; will complete certification while teaching
- Passed GACE 001 and 002 at induction level or higher
- Will take 24 semester credit hours of Early Childhood courses at Wiregrass Technical College (with an online option)
- Will complete Saturday seminars to learn how to teach Physical Education and Social Studies
- Will receive supervised visits in ECE classroom
- Contact Wiregrass Technical College, Valdosta GA (see details below)
- This program meets Georgia Professional Standards Commission certification requirements.
How to Apply for the GaTAPP ECE Add-On Program
To apply to the ECE Add-On GaTAPP Program the following documentation must be submitted:
- GaTAPP Application signed by Building Principal and Personnel Director. Print the form, get your building Principal AND system Personnel Director to sign the same copy of the form.
- Memorandum of Understanding signed by Building Principal, Personnel Director, and Mentor (if assigned) – available on website http://www.wiregrass.edu/pdfs/academics/memo-of-understanding.pdf
- Candidate Assurance Form (if applicant has one year left on certificate) http://www.wiregrass.edu/pdfs/academics/candidate_assurance.pdf
- Provide Official copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (not photocopies; issued to TCSG/Wiregrass GaTAPP – address below)
- Copy of GACE 001 and 002 Score Report – passed at the Induction level
- Current Resume
- Two (2) Letters of Professional Reference (from someone other than a relative)
- Copy of current teaching certificate.
Send all documentation (in one packet) to:
TCSG at Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
c/o Rene’ Mason, GaTAPP Instructor
4089 Val Tech Road
Valdosta, Georgia 31602
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Rene’ Mason, GaTAPP Instructor at (229) 333-2100, ext. 2127, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.