For students with previously acquired knowledge and skills, course credit may be earned by passing a written and/or performance evaluation exemption exam. Wiregrass Georgia Technical College offers exemption testing for many core and occupational courses. To be eligible to take an exemption test, you must meet all applicable admission guidelines and be accepted into a program at WGTC. Students may not take exemption tests for courses which they have previously failed or have been enrolled in for more than two days. Students should contact the dean for the division of the course in question to verify if an exemption test exists.
Guidelines, Costs and Availability
- Exemption testing is available each semester, and is conducted 3-5 days after new student registration..
- Students are required to provide a valid student ID before he/she will be allowed to test.
- Pricing of some tests may vary; however, most exams cost 25% of the course tuition.
- An application for exemption exam form must be completed and payment of the appropriate fee must be made by 7 p.m. on the day prior to the test. Charges for the exam are not covered by financial aid.
- No more than 12 semester hours may be earned from exemption exams.
- An exemption exam can be taken only once.
- A grade of 80 or higher must be earned on the exemption exam in order to pass.
- To obtain more information on the exemption test process and tests offered, or to book your exam, please contact the Ben Hill-Irwin Campus at (229) 468-2035, the Coffee Campus at (229) 468-2223, or the Valdosta Campus at (229) 249-4821.