Drop/Withdrawal Procedures

As a student enrolling in college courses, you assume the financial and academic responsibility to properly withdraw from your courses if you decide not to complete them. You have the privilege of dropping a course during the first three instructional days of each semester through your Banner Web account, without the drop becoming part of your permanent academic record and without it affecting your financial aid. However, any amount charged against Pell or HOPE in the bookstore will be owed back to the college. If you withdraw from a class after the third instructional day, you will receive a grade of W up to midterm and an F if withdrawing after midterm for that course. The specific deadline dates for withdrawal are published on the school’s home website page, under Academic Calendar.

You should be aware that withdrawals may result in a loss of financial aid and that failing to properly withdraw from a course will result in your receiving a failing grade (F) for that course.

Withdrawal from Individual Courses

If you wish to withdraw from a course, but plan to stay enrolled in other courses, submit a Withdrawal Form to the Registrar’s Office, listing the courses you wish to withdraw from. The form may be picked up from the Registrar’s Office, The Advising and Retention Center (ARC), Admissions, Financial Aid, or click to download the withdrawal form. If you are unsure whether withdrawing from the course is your only option, please speak with your instructor and/or The Advising and Retention Center (ARC) staff prior to submitting your withdrawal form. Also, please check with the Financial Aid Office for clarification on how a partial withdrawal may affect your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

Complete Withdrawal from School

Wiregrass Georgia Tech realizes that sometimes students have no alternative but to leave school for legitimate reasons. Students wanting to totally withdraw should initiate the process by securing a Withdrawal Form. The form may be picked up from the Registrar’s Office, The Advising and Retention Center (ARC), Admissions, Financial Aid, or click to download the withdrawal form.

Below are the steps you should follow for an official withdrawal:

  • The Advising and Retention Center (ARC) – First, visit the ARC and speak with a counselor. We have many resources to help students, and a solution may be reached to help you remain enrolled in some or all of your classes. Campus locations and phone numbers for the ARCs are located at:  The Advising and Retention Center for Students - Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.

  • Financial Aid Office – If you still wish to withdraw, visit the Financial Aid Office to see how the withdrawal will affect your current and future financial aid awards.

  • If, after speaking with the ARC and financial aid staff, your final decision is that you need to withdraw from school completely, return your Withdrawal Form to the ARC, who will inform the Registrar’s Office of your intent to withdraw.

Registrar's Offices

Phone: (229) 259-5536
Email: registrar@wiregrass.edu

Valdosta Campus
Berrien Hall,  Room 110
4089 Val Tech Road
Valdosta, GA 31602
Fax: (229) 333-2153

Ben Hill-Irwin Campus
Charles Harris Learning Center, Room 628B
667 Perry House Road
Fitzgerald, GA 31750
Fax: (229) 468-2110

Coffee Campus
Coffee Hall, Room 105
706 West Baker Highway
Douglas, GA 31533
Fax: (912) 389-4308

Office Hours:
7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.